What is Combiflam Tablet: Basic information
What is Combiflam Tablet
Combiflam Tablet is a medicine which is basically a combination of medicine. The manufacturers of this medicine are Sanofi India Ltd. Combiflam is a combination of two of the painkillers. Working together, they are used in order to treat pains like toothache, headache, muscle pain, menstrual pain, and joint pain as well. Moreover, Combiflam is also used to treat fever and inflammation. The category of Combiflam Tablet is of
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID). The composition of Combiflam stands to be of buprofen and Paracetamol. Both medications are used to treat pain and fever. Mostly they are used in order to relieve mild to moderate pain.
Combiflam Tablet and its uses
To release the inflammation and other related conditions, Combiflam possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Also, the Paracetamol which is sometimes called Acetaminophen is present in the medicine which basically helps in the treatment of the fever. The basic and most general uses of Combiflam is to treat pain and fever. However, if we divide it further, the following are the main uses of the mentioned tablet:
- Moderate and mild pain- Pain like headache, muscle pain, body pain, toothache, and other associated pains can be treated by this medicine. The severity of pain could vary between mild to moderate.
- Fever- In order to cure fever which is short-term or temporary, Combiflam is the best fit, however, if the fever seems to be long-term so it is better to get the recommendation of a doctor. The doctor may highlight the causes of such fever and prescribe a better treatment.
- Menstrual Cramps- Pain during periods and other abdominal conditions can be treated through Combiflam Tablet. It can relieve the pain associated with the menstrual cycle in women.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis– Pain, swelling, and stiffness of joints and related symptoms of joints can be treated with the medicine.
- Osteoarthritis– The medicine is used to treat symptoms related to Osteoarthritis such as severer and tender joint pain.
- Gout– Pain, and swelling associated with gouts can be treated with Combiflam medicine.
Also Read: –
Combiflam Tablet – What dosage to take
Regarding the dosage of Combiflam Tablet, there are no certain guidelines and directions as to how much of the quantity to take at a time. The amount depends upon the seriousness and severity of the condition and simultaneously the past experiences and history of the concerned patient.
Having said that, if a patient’s condition is not so good and it is much more severe, the prescription would be high. However, still, the concerned patient should definitely get the doctor’s prescription and recommendations before even scheduling the dosage and amount to take in. An important thing to note is that, if a patient or any person misses to take a dose and realizes, later on, he\she should immediately take the medicine, however, if the next dosage time is around the corner, it is, therefore, advisable to skip that dose. Overlapping and overconsumption could be dangerous. In any unfortunate case, a person overdoses his\her required limit of medicine, the person should without a further delay contact his doctor and seek
immediate medical attention. Exceeding the dosage is really dangerous and can prove out to be critical to the patients health, so therefore never exceed the limit and always stay in touch with your doctor in regards to the issue of dosage.
Combiflam Tablet – Side effects
It is important to get information regarding the side effects before using any medicine, Combiflam Tablet is no exception. With every medicine, there are certain side effects attached to the Combiflam Tablet as well. The person should never panic though when certain side effects are experienced by him\her as it is most likely that those side effects are temporary and will disappear with the passage of time. However, if the side effects get more severe and last for a long time, it is recommended to contact your doctor immediately. Following are the Side effects associated with Combiflam Tablet which are less severe:
- Mouth ulcer
- Not a normal blood count
Following are the side effects associated with Combiflam Tablet which more severe and serious:
- Blood in vomit
- Skin and eyes getting yellowish
- Abdominal pain and Constipation
- The output of urine is much decreased
With that being said, few of them and other side effects would have much less probability of occurring and are classified as rare, however, they can be severe. Following are the rare side effects associated with the Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Blood in urine at it being cloudy
- The output of urine decreased
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
These are the listed side effects. If you notice that they are becoming more severe and serious, contact your doctor and get his\her advice and help.
How does Combiflam Tablet Work :
There is a process through which the Combiflam Tablet works. Firstly, there is an enzyme called Cyclooxygenase which is responsible for the formation of prostaglandins in the body. Prostaglandins’ release results in joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. Combiflam works by blocking the Cyclooxygenase. As the production of Cyclooxygenase is blocked by the Combiflam, the prostaglandins are automatically inhibited. As a result, the conditions such as Swelling in joints, pain in joints, inflammation, menstrual pain, and fever are relieved using this medicine. The medicine by working
through its process blocks all the enzymes which stimulate the process of inflammation. The time it takes is around half an hour or an hour before the patient could see the effects. It lasts for around 5-6 hours on average.
Further Important information :
- The person should make sure to store the Combiflam Tablet away from light and heat.
- The person should avoid this medicine if he has asthma, major skin rashes, liver disease, and chronic malnutrition.
- The person should avoid consuming the tablet with the Alcohol, it is dangerous.
- If a woman is pregnant, she must not use the tablet, however, if it becomes important then the doctor’s recommendations must be taken into account.
- Reach out to your doctor in case of overdose or any other medical emergency.
Stay safe and take care of yourself.