What is Sinarest : Basic information and uses
Sinarest Tablet is a medicine or a combination of medicine, which is used for various purposes. The tablet has generally three generic names:
- Acetaminophen: It is a non-aspirin pain reliever and also a fever reducer.
- Chlorpheniramine: Is used to reduce the effects of histamine which produces symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching, and sneezing. It antihistamine which can act to reduce these above-mentioned symptoms, drastically.
- Pseudoephedrine: It can be useful in order to shrink the swollen nasal mucous membrane or the blood vessels in the nasal passages. If the blood vessels are swollen, it can cause a stuffy nose or we can say nasal congestion.
Sinarest Tablet (Combination Medicine) can cure and can be used to treat various symptoms temporarily such as common cold, headache, fever, stuffy nose, sneezing, watery eyes, itching, body aches, muscular pain and other related issues caused by flu or allergies. Another use of Sinarest
tablet is to treat breathing illnesses such as B ronchitis– Infection of the main
airways of lungs- and Sinusitis– Inflammation of the tissue lining the sinuses. Moreover, this medicine can also be used to treat symptoms associated with upper respiratory tract allergies.
How to take Sinarest Tablet : Dosage
A person must be careful and mindful when taking Sinarest Tablet. It is advisable to only take the prescribed quantity and not much or less amount. The prescription by the doctor possesses immense importance.
The person should also read the details on the label which would also direct about the recommended dosage and its appropriate usage. The dose will also depend upon the level and severity of the condition. Be aware not to overdose it, or else serious consequences would have to be faced.
It is to inform you that if you overdose the medicine, you will get into a critical condition having baneful effects, even causing death. However, you should not panic and call the poison helpline. If possible, reach out to your nearest hospital to avoid further delays. Overdosing Acetaminophen can be really dangerous and the person should use it with immense care and with a doctor’s recommendation.
Symptoms of overdose:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Weakness and confusion
- Yellowing of skin and dark urine
- Upper stomach pain
You may miss taking a dose due to the scheduling or any other reason. Whenever you realize or remember that you have missed a dose, quickly make up for it. However, if you see that time for the next dose is just around the corner, you should avoid and skip the missed dose. It will
ensure you have not doubled your dose (Use according to the prescriptions of your doctor, else you may face serious consequences).
Side effects of using Sinarest Tablet
Major side effects:
When you experience these side effects, it is emphasized that you should call the doctor right away and seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should avoid delay and should not allow the symptoms to get real serious. However, it is to inform you that every drug contains deadly side effects and Sinarest is no exception. Following are the major and serious side effects of the medicine:
- Mood swings\Changes- Confusion and Hallucination
- Irregular and fast heartbeats
- Problem while passing urine
- Serious and rare allergic reactions- Rashes, itching, swelling on skin and problem while breathing, swallowing, and having trouble in the throat
- Problems of stomach and liver- Stomach pain, less hungry, yellowing of skin and eyes, dark urine, light-colored stools, and tiredness
- Chills and body shaking
- Pain in chest
- Severe skin reaction
If you are faced with or experiencing such symptoms, you must call your doctor promptly and seek medical attention. These are major and serious side effects that must be dealt with accordingly and carefully.
Minor side effects:
Apart from the serious and major side effects, there are few less severe and common side effects which a person may experience after the usage of Sinarest Tablet. Even though the side effects are much less severe and are usually common, you must still contact your doctor if they stay for a long time and become much sever, never delay. Following are the minor side effects:
- Having problems while sleeping
- Having Constipation
- Head-ache (Mild)
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Blurred vision
- Dried out mouth, throat, and nose.
Don’t panic when faced with such side effects. They are meant to happen, but the rule of thumb is to act wisely and accordingly.
How does Sinarest Tablet Works
As mentioned above, there are three components of Sinarest Tablet. Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Pseudoephedrine. All three components work accordingly.
- Acetaminophen- It inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandin, pain, and fever causing messenger. Due to the loss of heat, Acetaminophen reduces body temperature during fever.
- Chlorpheniramine- It relieves all the symptoms of allergy and other issues by blocking the H1 receptor site.
- Pseudoephedrine- It narrows down the blood vessels so that nasal congestion and stuffiness could be reduced or relieved by decreasing the blood flow.
Further important details
It is advisable to only use the Sinarest Tablet when it is prescribed and recommended by your doctor. Using it without any prescription may get you into serious health-related problems and issues.
Moreover, make sure you schedule your dose to avoid any inconvenience. It will help you keep your dosing in-check and you may avoid an overdose. Also, it will make sure you never miss a dose.
In addition to this, if you are about to drive, avoid taking Sinarest as it lowers the alertness and affects the vision.
If you are a woman and you are pregnant, it is unsafe for you to take the medicine. However, you can still take the doctor’s prescription regarding the usage.
It is most important to keep Sinarest tablet away from children of young age. Consumption of this medicine by children could have disastrous consequences.
Lastly, never share your medicine with anyone whatsoever and avoid using medicine with alcohol consumption as it is not safe to do so.
Stay safe and take care of your health.